Sunday, March 30, 2008

By the way ...

I made a couple of tweaks to "unsettled" which are now posted below.  It became clear to me this morning that it is still alive.  I was going back through the poem, getting ready to read at Free Form (yikes!!!) and decided to play with it a little more.  Let me know what you think, because it's not finished yet.  I'm still wrestling with these feelings, and may even have a few more verses to add one day soon.  

I also posted Rainier, another poem I read at Free Form.  It's been locked safely away in my journal since I wrote it on March 11th.  I'm still not sure the poem is complete, so it took a little bit of reassurance from friends for me to share.  The poem is a reflection of my experience one morning seeing Rainier from Route 15 of the King County Metro.  It speaks to those things in life which stop our hearts and take away our breath only to disappear before we are ready to let them go.  

If you'd like to know more of what's behind some of my other poems, you'll have to nag me until I sit down and write those thoughts.  I've been planning to do it for awhile, but clearly need some motivation!

No comments: